Thursday, August 24, 2006

From Monday August 21

Steve: I had a long time to reflect when I was away for two weeks. I’ve come to the conclusion that I going to be more green with some of my…I’m going to be promoting green a lot more than I was before. You know what I mean.

Mr. Shovel: Money.

Steve: Awww yeahhh. (they laugh) You know what I mean, right?

Mr. Shovel: Yeah.

Steve: More conscious things to do about the environment. I think that’s a good thing and I have a platform to do that and I think, you know, our government ain’t interested so you have to be an entrepreneur in other ways. That’s what people are doing, starting to get entrepreneurs to do things to make the environment better and I thought, well, why don’t I do that? Cos I’m all for it and I think it’s not a case of being all for it, it’s not about hippies any more. It’s not about weaklings who wear clogs and sandals it’s about everyone who needs to be hip to it cos if you don’t, it’s the end. You know what I mean? It’s not about, it’s not about um…you’re not a pussy if you vote for, if you’re for Greenpeace, you know what I mean? It’s a thing that everyone needs to get hip to, whether it’s a car, whether it’s recycling, whether it’s…there’s a million things. I don’t want to get into it right now cos I’m not an expert, but I feel in my soul that it’s something that people need to be informed about. Do you understand?

Mr. Shovel: Yes.

Steve: Do you agree?

Mr. Shovel: Yeah. It’s a weird time. One day in a hundred years, people will look back and go, “I can’t believe they were driving around with these cars.”

Steve: Driving Hummers.

Mr. Shovel: Yeah.

Steve: Ten miles to the gallon. Yeah, I know. It’s ludicrous. It’s absolutely ludicrous. So, there you go. So I’m going to be whooping Green on ya every now and again. I feel it again, Mr. Shovel and I’m gonna whoop some Honeymoon Suite on you. (music starts in background) You do understand don’t you? Throw away your clogs. Smoke your hemp. Recycle your toilet paper. (bellowing) And you MUST endure…the Chiefs of Mancheefrills….

1 comment:

Scottish Toodler said...

Awesome capture of the Jones!!! Thank you for that!!! I hate that I didn't hear it myself!!!