Monday, November 27, 2006

November 16 and 17 2006 - Time

Chris has finished the Marco Pirroni interview, to have a look, you can scroll down the page or click here. Meanwhile...


Steve: You are listening to Jonesy’s Jukebox on Indie 1031. Twelve bells…it is about eighty degrees, it’s a gorgeous day again. It’s Thursday the Sixteenth, is it today? Sixteenth of November…just in case this show gets…put in a pod and sent to another planet, I just thought I would document the time and date.

Mr. Shovel: Like they're going to have some kind of reference to what that means.

Steve: What?

Mr. Shovel: What the date is.

Steve: Yeah, well you never know.

Mr. Shovel: You think they have the same calendar as us?

Steve: I heard that a bunch of scientists have come to the conclusion that the twenty-four hour day is not twenty-four hours anymore. It’s sixteen hours but you can’t really change it cos everything would not work…meaning that time has sped up.

Mr. Shovel: No wonder I’m always so tired.

Steve: I don’t understand it properly so I don’t want to go into it too deep, not that I can cos I don’t know, but a bunch of scientists, scientifically speaking, (think that) the day is shorter, is not so many hours as twenty-four…

Mr. Shovel: And the earth is flat.

Steve: …it’s closer to sixteen hours.

Mr. Shovel: A day is how long it takes the earth to revolve around the Sun, right? No. That’s a year…no, to revolve around itself.

Steve: Yeah, when it turns around.

Mr. Shovel: Yeah.

Steve: It’s turning around quicker.

Mr. Shovel: I don’t believe that.

Steve: It’s scientifically…

Mr. Shovel: Well, if that were true, then the sun would be coming up at three o’clock in the morning.

Steve: Listen…I’m going to look more into it before I go on, but I do know one thing. That a day goes by really quick for me. Do you notice that? A week goes by really quick. (Mr. Shovel is laughing) It never used to. Scientists.

Mr. Shovel: (laughing) Well, that proves it right there.

Steve: Listen, I’m very in-tune with this little ball that we live in.

Mr. Shovel: So who are these scientists who…

Steve: I don’t know their particular names but I’m going to look more into it. You wait and see. You can mock me…you wait and see. It makes sense to me.

I met Bryan Ferry last night. That was a treat. We had a little chat. He’s doing an album, of Bob Dylan songs and Bob (came?) out and he’s mixing it right now and I can’t wait. He said he would come on The Box. Probably not this time but next time he’s in town. I told him I’m the only guy in America, in the world, probably, that plays Roxy Music…no one plays it more than me. I would say that’s pretty much true, wouldn’t you say? I give him two spins a week, at least.

Mr. Shovel: Mm hmm.

Steve: I don’t know any other station…do you? Unless there’s a Roxy Music Channel that I don’t know about.

Mr. Shovel: Well, you’re also playing the oddball cuts, not the big hits.

Steve: Yeah and I play Bryan Ferry and all that stuff.

I’m going to play some dodgy stuff today but I’m going to enjoy it. I’m going to think positive, positive thoughts. Successful thoughts. Creative thoughts. (reverb on) Good energy, good energy…positive thoughts…magnificence…royal thoughts…positive thoughts. Think positive. Get rid of your negative energy. It is not worthy, it’s no use to you. You must think positive. We must change the way we think. We are the world.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Steve: You’re listening to Jonesy’s Jukebox on Indie 1031. Before I came here, where I heard the news about the shorter days, this bloke made me this shake that he makes me every now and again, it has greens in it and mocha and this other stuff that’s like crack and he must have put…I said look, I need to go to the bathroom, I’m a bit clogged up and he put this stuff in it and he puts the crack in it and I was like, buzzing like a bee and now I’m starting to crash. But I went to the bathroom before the show, I mean I had to go. I mean, someone was talking to me and I’m like, “I’ve got to go to the bathroom”. I didn’t even have time to put the (?) paper on the seat, that’s how quick I had to go. And now, I’m just like crashing, I’m a mess. What’s going on…?

Mr. Shovel: So the guy that made you the crack shake is your source for the days being “sixteen hours” now?

Steve: Yeah, he was actually. I’ll bet there’s something in that. You wait and see. You can mock me, Shovel.
~~~ ~~~ ~~~

From November 17

Steve: But I did find out more about…that thing I was talking about, that time’s speeding up…The Schumann Residence. (click --> Schumann Resonance) Basically, they’re saying that sixteen hour days as opposed to twenty-four hour days, the days are speeding up. Google it and read it yourself cos it’s really complicated. I haven’t got time to explain it.

Mr. Shovel: I just need to know, do we get off work early and do we stop for commercials at the same time?

Steve: Well, you know that term, there just ain’t enough hours in the day? That really does mean that, now.

Mr. Shovel: Right.

Steve: You know. 24/7? Forget that. They’re 16/7 now. Actually, 16/6, probably. And 7-11 are going to have to change the names of the shops. 76 gas stations going to have to change their name - 16. Whatever you want to do. Dunkin’ Donuts are going to have to change…

Mr. Shovel: Think of all the signs they’re going to have to change…”Open 24 Hours”, everybody’s got to change their signs.

Steve: That’s what I mean…that’s why they can’t change it cos it would be too much craziness.

Mr. Shovel: It would be a devastatin’ blow to our antiquated system.

Steve: It would but the truth is, is that’s what’s happening. Time is speeding up.

Mr. Shovel: But nobody’s noticing.

Steve: Except me. I notice it. Like I said, time seems like it’s flying by, to me. But you don’t think it’s changing because it just doesn’t fathom in your head. But if you think about it, from when you was a kid ‘til now, don’t you think days go a lot quicker?

Mr. Shovel: Well, one day, now, is a smaller portion of my life.

Steve: Yeah…let’s play some rock and roll.

No comments: